Diversity & Inclusion Policy
Studio Ramsay Global is committed to supporting diversity and to creating an inclusive culture. We recognise the importance that equality legislation must play in promoting equality and limiting unlawful discrimination and our Equal Opportunities Policy clearly sets out our expectations for all equal opportunity matters. Beyond ensuring equal opportunities, we aim for our workforce to be diverse and for our culture and environment to be inclusive, where all people are accepted and treated with respect and able to reach their full potential and deliver their best work.
The success of Studio Ramsay Global relies on the talented people we engage and work with. We understand that diversity across our workforce helps to support creativity and innovation: it’s considered an essential ingredient for our continued success so that we’re able to develop, produce and distribute great content that global audiences want to watch.
We therefore want our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our culture to be one in which individual uniqueness and differences are embraced, valued and respected. These differences include, but are not limited to gender, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, ethnicity, age, physical and mental ability, sexual orientation, religion or belief or absence of religion or belief, marital and civil partnership status, education and those with a caring responsibility.
We also fully recognise that the culture and environment of our business needs to be inclusive, with no one left feeling as though they do not belong or are unable to do their best work due to their individual uniqueness.
This policy applies to every individual who is engaged to work within Studio Ramsay Global whether employed or freelance staff and to people working on and off-screen.
All freelancers and employees, whether part-time, full-time or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, whether as a member of staff or on a freelance basis, will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. Access to opportunities for promotion, training or any other benefit will also be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees will be encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be fully utilised to maximise the creativity and success of the company.
Studio Ramsay Global aims to:
- Actively support diversity and inclusion and to ensure that all colleagues (freelancers and employees) are valued for their contribution and individual differences and treated with dignity and respect.
- Provide colleagues with a working environment that is free from discrimination, bullying and harassment. Please refer to our Anti-Harassment and Bullying Policy.
- Support the aims of our customers and ultimately the desires of our viewers who want to be able to watch content that is representative of the diverse world in which we live.
- Provide colleagues with appropriate training and information so they better understand aspects of diversity and ensure that capability is continually increasing across the company.
- Create a workforce (on and off screen) that is representative of our society, knowing that embracing difference enhances the creativity and capability of Studio Ramsay Global.
- Build an inclusive culture where individual uniqueness and contribution is valued and recognised.
- Make reasonable adjustments to meet the need of disabled colleagues.
- Comply with relevant legislation, including equal opportunity legislation. Please refer to our Equal Opportunities Policy.
- To undertake equal opportunities monitoring and monitor the diversity of our workforce to track the progress we are making. Please note that all personal data is held securely and processed in compliance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
- To maintain a Diversity and Inclusion Working Group that is responsible for leading on diversity and inclusion initiatives across the company; this would include but would not be limited to sharing best practice, building diversity awareness and championing training.
In addition, we expect our suppliers and partners to support our aims of diversity and inclusion and encourage them to adopt similar aims to us.
We will undertake the following initiatives to meet our aims:-
- Identifying opportunities and actively seeking to increase the number of people we work with who are from groups/communities that are under-represented in our industry as a whole, both on and off screen, including participation in positive action schemes where appropriate;
- Reviewing all our formal and informal employment/hiring practices and procedures to ensure they are fair and help us to attract and select the best talent from a diverse pool of candidates;
- To champion training on Unconscious Bias and diversity awareness and ensure colleagues attend training to raise their capability and understanding, especially managers and those engaged in hiring decisions;
- Championing and increasing the diversity of our talent networks;
- Create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our colleagues are recognised and valued;
- To engage in open dialogue with all Broadcasters to collaborate with their diversity initiatives, including endeavouring to meet targets if set, as well as working in partnership to identify new diverse talent, especially on screen, and provide equal opportunities in all selection;
- Ensure every colleague is able to work in an environment that promotes dignity and respect for all;
- Ensuring training, development and progression opportunities are available to all colleagues; and
- Establish Diversity and Inclusion Champions who promote equality, diversity and inclusion.
Colleagues at all levels also have a responsibility to help us to create an inclusive environment and culture.
In particular, colleagues should:
- Familiarise themselves with this policy, together with our Equal Opportunities Policy and act in accordance with our aims and commitment to diversity and inclusion at all times;
- Treat everyone with respect and dignity and help to create an environment that is free from discrimination, bullying and/or harassment of any kind;
- Attend diversity training and development to build their understanding and knowledge;
- Be sensitive to the potential impact of their behaviour towards colleagues, customers, suppliers, contractors and guests;
- Inform their manager or Diversity and Inclusion Champion of any ideas they have to improve our policies, processes and initiatives to help achieve our aims; and
- To co-operate with managers in the elimination of any discriminatory practices and support the creation of an inclusive working environment, in which everyone’s unique contribution is valued and report any concerns regarding the conduct of any colleagues to their manager or HR.
As this is such an important matter to the company, any breach of the Diversity and Inclusion Policy and our Equal Opportunity Policy is potentially a serious disciplinary matter.
We will treat any complaint of discrimination, victimisation, bullying or harassment very seriously. All complaints will be thoroughly investigated as quickly as possible with sensitivity and, where appropriate, we will seek to resolve these matters informally. If substantiated, appropriate action will be taken under the Disciplinary Policy, which may include dismissal. If the complaint relates to the conduct of a freelancer and / or those providing their services to the company, the company will take appropriate action, which may result in their contract being terminated without notice.
Any reports of discrimination during the recruitment process will also be thoroughly investigated and appropriate action taken.
Anyone who believes that they may have been subject to discrimination, victimisation, bullying and/or harassment is entitled to raise the matter through our grievance procedure or our anti- harassment and bullying policy as appropriate.